Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get your tennis shoes!

One day Preston and I were rushing to leave the house, and I asked him to go and get his tennis shoes so that I could put them on. He said okay, and I went to finish gathering things. I walked back through the living room a few times, and each time he still didn't have his tennis shoes; instead, he was watching tv. So a little more stern, each time I walked through I told him to go and get his tennis shoes, and each time he said okay, and each time I walked back through he was standing there watching tv.

A few minutes later, he still didn't have any shoes. I stopped and looked at him, and very sternly said, "Preston Michael, I said go get your tennis shoes, and I mean right NOW. We have to go!"

"I did mom! Right here!" He held up a handful of TISSUES....specifically, he held up one for each time I walked through and told him to go get his TENNIS SHOES.

That's when it dawned on me that he called tissues, tennis shoes; and he had, in fact, got his "tennis shoes" each time I asked him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment