Sunday, February 8, 2009

Light, my friend...

About 6:30pm, end of January or early February [2009], driving home from the mall:

P: Mom, is it dark outside?

Me: Look out your window, and you tell me; is it dark outside?

P: Yes.

Me: Well, there is your answer.

P: Mom, I don't like when it gets dark outside. I want to play, and I don't like bed time.

Me: I know, but everyone has to get some sleep sometime so they can grow big and strong.

P: Light, my friend, his name is Light. He's going to come and visit me - he's not here right now, but he's going to come back - and he's going to give me super powers.

Me: Oh yeah?

P: Yeah, he's gone right now, but he's going to come back and give me super powers so that I can never let it be dark again.

Me: I wouldn't like that.

P: Well, Light, my friend, is going to give me superpowers to not be dark, so...

Me: Well, that should be interesting. Super powers are cool.

P: Yeah. Light is my friend. He's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment