Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Hulk

So, for Preston's birthday last year, or the Christmas before that - I can't remember - my brother got him some Hulk gloves (pictured above). Preston thought these things were great...when you smash them into something they talk and roar like the Hulk. He used to wear them around the house, and it was like he had dual personalities. If the gloves were on, he'd talk in a deep, gravelly voice, like the Hulk...but the second they came off, he was normal Preston. He was an absolute PRO and switching between the two. Here is an example of a conversation:

Hulk P: (growling) Mom, can I have some juice.

Me: Sure, here you go.

(gloves come off so he can hold the glass)

Normal P: thanks mom. (drinks and put's gloves back on)

Hulk P: I'm going to play in my room. (runs off)

So, one day we're going into his room to get dressed for bed, and he gasps as he looks at his train table. The track is all smashed up, trains are everywhere, the table is in complete disarray. Since his cousins and friends had been over playing, I just assumed they got a little zealous at the train table, and "rearranged" the tracks.

P: (very serious) Mom, do you see my trains?

Me: Yep. Did you and your cousins mess them up?

P: No.

Me: Are you sure about that?

P: No mom, we didn't do it...but I know who did.

Me: Who?

P: The Hulk.

Me: The Hulk...really...

P: Yep. He got mad, and yelled "HULK SMASH" and he smashed all my trains up, and that's why he is BAD.

Me: Was the Hulk actually Preston wearing the hulk gloves?

P: No mom, it was the real Hulk. He shouldn't come over anymore.

The conversation continued for a minute more, me questioning his honesty and him completely insisting that the real Hulk smashed up his train table. I figured I'd let it go, and eventually just told him that the next time the Hulk wanted to smash up toys, Preston should come get me first. He agreed that the Hulk needed a time out, and went to bed. The Hulk hasn't smashed up anything since then...

No comments:

Post a Comment