Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grilled Cheese anyone?

Me: Preston, how about we have a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.

P: No.

Me: Why? You love cheese, and I'll put butter on the bread, and cook it, and it will be SO good.

P: No.

Me: Well, here's the deal. I'm making grilled cheese for lunch, and you can eat it or not. I don't really care, that's what we're having.

P: I don't LIKE it, Mommy.

Me: Yes you do. You'll love it.

P: (getting very upset and about to cry) But I don't want a girl cheese sandwich, I want a BOY cheese sandwich.

To this day, we are still not allowed to refer to grilled cheese sandwiches as anything but boy cheese. Try explaining that to the waiter in a restaurant.
"Excuse me, please don't call it 'grilled cheese;' just humor us and say 'boy cheese.' Otherwise, he won't eat it."

No comments:

Post a Comment