Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spikey like a Porcupine

Preston got sudden obsession with wearing his hair spikey last weekend. Obsessed, like, he wouldn't go to sleep because he was spiking his wet hair up and it kept falling back down. Preston doesn't exactly have spike-friendly hair. His hair grows sideways across his head, so much so, that we spent a good deal of time retraining his hair as a baby so that it didn't look like a comb over. Anyway, to move bedtime along, I told him we would get his hair cut and we would use some gel and make it spikey.

My approval of spikes made him very happy...for about 2 seconds. His face fell, and he looked at me with big, fearful eyes. "Mom, does gel hurt?" I assured him it didn't. Daddy uses gel, when mommy's hair is curly, it's because there is gel, gel is just sticky stuff that helps your hair stay where you want it...no pain. He seemed to believe me, and he went to bed.

So, we off to get his hair cut this afternoon, and the first thing he says is, "I want my hair spikey." Okay, you just have to tell Duckie that. He sits quietly in the back seat for a minute, "Mom, does gel hurt?"

"No baby, I told you. We all use gel, it doesn't hurt, you just rub it on your hair. It feels just like shampoo does, without the bubbles."

"Oh," he says, reluctantly, " but mom 'jail' is where all the bad people go and get locked up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment