Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Fish?!

Preston has been spending a lot of nights in our bed. Albert and I are both kind of torn...we definitely enjoy the snuggles, but the knees to the ribs and kicks in the throat are uncomfortable, to say the least. Not to mention, there really isn't much room for 3 in a queen size bed. So, without upgrading (which we've definitely considered), it's probably time for us to start getting him into his own bed at least MOST nights. On many occasions, I get up my resolve before drifting off to sleep, only to be weakened by "but mommy, who will give me snuggles in my room?" and tears of "I just want to snuggle you and daddy" comments. Last night was no different. I've been hinting to Albert, reasoning that he's definitely the one that usually stands his ground against these kinds of things, to no avail; and when Daddy is saying it's okay - we're pretty much screwed.

This morning, I decided P and I would have a little chat about staying in his room. It's worked (for a few days) before...should work again...right?

Me: Preston, you REALLY need to start staying in your bed at night.

P: No, mommy.

Me: But you REALLY should sleep in there, at least most of the time.

P: No. I don't want to.

Me: Well, I'm probably going to take you back to your room some, because you REALLY need to sleep in your bed.

P: Well. If you don't let me come in, I'm going to put a fish in your bed.

Me: A what?!

P: If you don't let me in your bed, I'm going to put a fish in it.

Me: A fish.

P: mmmmm hmmmmm (very ghetto-like; as in "mm hmm, chew on that applesauce why don't ya...")

Me: So, if I don't let you sleep in my bed, you're going to put a FISH in it.

P: (again with the smart remark) mmmmm hmmmmmm.

Me: I see. And just where are you planning to get a fish from?

P: Walmart.

Me: Oh. Well, I'm probably going to put you in your bed tonight, so you might work on getting that fish.

P: Okay, but you're not going to like it.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I have to look forward to:) I bet it's hard to resist, "But, Mommy!" He is so cute!

    Sorry you were having a problem posting comments on my blog. I have screwed it up somehow, because several people have tried and it's just not working. Try again later, because I clicked a bunch of buttons and I might have fixed it???

    ReplyDelete