Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm brown. You're brown. We're all brown...except for you.

Teeball team pictures came in on Saturday.



P: I like him (Albert) and him (BFF-Dylan), but no one else.



Me: What?! Why?



P: Because they are different from me, and I don't like people that are different.



Me: Um, how are they different?



P: I'm brown. They aren't brown, so they are different, so I don't like them.



Me: (momentarily speechless) Uh, I'm not sure why you don't like people that are different, because we learn cool stuff from people that are different from us - but honey, Dylan is definitely NOT brown.



P: Yes, he is. I'm brown. Daddy is brown. Dylan is brown. No one else is brown, so I don't like them.



Me: Um, K***** is brown.



P: (inspecting picture) He's not looking at the camera, so he's different. That's why I don't like him.



Me: I think it's really bad that you're judging people for being different from you, but babe, you like a lot of people that are NOT brown. Grandma isn't brown. Duckie isn't brown. Aunt Steph isn't brown....



P: Yes, they are. (starts naming everyone he likes) They are ALLLLL brown.



Me: Preston, all of those people are not brown. Look at Dylan's picture - he is NOT brown.



P: (looking) Yes, he is.



This is a picture of Preston and Dylan...

I realize the color is a little bad, but you can tell - Dylan is NOT brown. His mom will even tell you - he's practically albino. Dylan has a TAN LINE in this picture (of course, you can't see it) - so that's about as brown as D will ever get.

I'm not sure where he's picking all of this up from - but I'm not sure I even know what it means with the albino is a brown kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment