Wednesday, September 26, 2012

RIP

Sara the mouse died today. It was heart-breaking, even though he knew before he went to bed last night that it was probably going to happen. (I actually think Moleese is on her way out, too, but we'll see. We promised to buy him a hamster if they both died.) Anyway, we're going to have a funeral tonight. Preston wants to bury her under his window in the backyard -- all I can seem to focus on is the fact that our yorkie is bred to ferret out small rodents, and I'm pretty sure Sara will end up in pieces all over the backyard. Logisitics aside, I am honored to have been asked to sing at her funeral. P: Mom, *sniff* will you sing at Sara's funeral? Me: Sure honey, what do you want me to sing? P: I don't know, [pause] maybe, *sniff* Three Blind Mice...? hehehehehehehe...of course I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment