Thursday, October 20, 2011

Preston is destined to be a short distance sprinter. The kid is FAST. Real fast. And he only has two speeds - walking or sprinting.

He ran in his school's fundraiser today, and I tried to tell him to pace himself because he needed to run as MANY laps as possible to raise the MOST money. Of course, he took off like a jet, and ran the whole lap at full speed. A few laps later, I was walking with him and he said, "Mom, did you see me take off on the first lap?" *cheesey grin*

"Yes, I did. You were SO fast."

*serious face* "I know. My heart burst. When I run that fast, my heart bursts. It really does."

Recriprocating the most serious face I can muster, "It does? Wow. How are you even alive?"

"It's just a runner thing."

And with that, he takes off running. 19 laps in 30 minutes - almost 2.5 miles. Kudos, kiddo...it's DEFINTELY a runner thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment