Monday, November 9, 2009

The Mud Run...

We did the Mud Run this weekend. If you don't know, it's exactly what it sounds like. It's a 5k run/Marine obstacle course - and it's awesome.

They have a kids race. I didn't sign P up - anyone who knows him, knows he hates to get dirty. He won't even finger paint. Wouldn't you know - he wanted to do it. Baaaaaad. Unfortunately, we couldn't register him AT the event, so he'll have to wait until next time.

Me: Babe, they won't let us sign you up today - so we're going to have to wait until next time to do it. I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd wanna get dirty and muddy.

P: But I do. (sad face)

Me: I know, and I'm sorry. Maybe me and daddy can set up some obstacles for you, and you can be practicing - does that sound good?

P: Yeah. (pause) You mean with mud, right?

Me: Uh, yeah. We'll see what we can do about that...

1 comment: